Please Read Before Registering
ABSOLUTELY NO E-BIKES ARE ALLOWED OIN THIS RACE!
Event Cancellation Policy
As a mountain biker, we at Ridge Riders are confident you know what it means to take risks. Much like dropping in on a steep rocky descent or committing to ride a distance outside of your comfort zone, risk is inherent in our sport. The act of registering for the Dakota Five-O event, although not quite as dangerous as riding your bike, presents risks. If an act of nature or other event beyond our control occurs, what can event participants expect?
- Ridge Riders decisions will be based on participant safety & environmental impact. Often times these decisions are in the hands of the land owners or agencies our events are permitted through.
- If the event is cancelled, participants will receive first right to sign up for the following years event via early registration.
- Ridge Riders cannot accept the risk of a cancelled event for reasons beyond our control. Participants are respectfully requested to accept the financial risk of their individual entry, and understand that you will NOT be refunded any portion of your entrance fee if the race is cancelled. This is due to the fact that our fees have already been payed for all supplies and services associated with the event. These include permits, 3rd party vendors, administrative expenses, rental fees, and other related expenses.
- If a cancellation of the event does occur, we will still have the pavillion/park rented and available, lots of Crow Peak Brews and Barbacoa's food to devour...as well as a bunch of prizes to be raffled off. We will host a party at the pavillion or park (weather dependent) for all registered riders from 1 to 4 pm!
$110.00 (+ Bikereg.com processing fee)
A portion of your registration fee is used toward the Ridge Riders of the Black Hills volunteer agreement with the USFS to maintain the Dakota Five-0 loop, Crow Peak trail, and other trails throughout the Northern Hills. The Ridge Riders purchases all of their own tools for trailwork, pays for all the gas needed for travel and tools, and volunteer an average of 400 hours per year to the building of new trails, and the improvement and maintenance of the existing local trails. Thank you for your support in keeping the Pedal Power alive in the Black Hills.
Please keep in mind there are NO REFUNDS, for injuries or anything else that may prevent you from riding the race!! We also do not allow you to forward your entrance to the next year's race for any reason. And on a final note, we DO NOT allow you to let another rider race for you without going through the transfer process. This poses a big liability issue for us and we ask that you respect our policies. Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any issues with these policies please do not register for our race.
- Registration transfers will be allowed until July 1st with a $20 transfer fee, and from July 2nd to August 1st with a $30 transfer fee, and from August 2nd to August 10th with a $50 Transfer fee. Transfers will NOT be allowed after the August 10th deadline, and no further riders will be let into the race after this date!!! We have a waiting list on bikereg.com. If you decide to transfer your entrance, it will go to someone on our waitlist- You CAN NOT sell your entrance to another rider that you know.
- Registration will close upon reaching 670 participants. The next 30 spots will be reserved for sponsors, past volunteers, and other VIPs. **Volunteers will be given a guaranteed spot in the next year's race. Volunteering for multiple days will give you a reduced rate for the race. If you volunteer you must contact Kristi Jewett before the August 10th deadline to recieve a spot in the race. Volunteering consists of trail work, marking and tear down of race course, and day of help with race at aid stations and road crossings. To volunteer please contact Kristi Jewett at email@example.com.
- Follow us on Facebook for race updates.
- No race day registration!
Registration fee includes:
- Custom Five-O T-shirt, with hand drawn artwork by Les Heiserman. (You may purchase extra shirts on bikereg, after registering, for $25.)
- Custom Five-0 water bottle courtesy of Salsa Cycles
- Lunch by Barbacoa's Burritoes
- Local micro-brews courtesy of Crow Peak brewing
- Live music from noon to 5pm w/ various local artists performing
- Cash Prize, and Sram Prizes for top finishers
- Name in raffle for sweet prizes from our sponsors, at awards ceremony!
- 50 miles of pristine, marked single track for your enjoyment, with 3 fully stocked aid stations (Gluten Free options), plus the famous 'Bacon Station'!
- One of the best days of your life on a bike!!
- Saturday Packet Pick Up at 12noon-6pm, City Park Pavillion. Please bring a signed waiver with you to packet pick-up. These may be printed off HERE. You may pick up another riders packet if you have their signed waiver with you!
- Sunday EMERGENCY ONLY packet pick up 6:00-6:30am . Please contact Kristi Jewett at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to do an emergency packet pick up. If you do not contact her you will not have a packet to pick up on Sunday morning!
- Everyone must be accounted for and sign their waiver at packet pick up, ID required!
- When registering please sign up for a Wave with a time that you will be able to finish in. Wave 1 will be for riders who are considered Pro, Semi-pro, and the very fastest Expert riders (a 4.5 hours or less finishing time), Wave 2 will be for Expert Riders, Wave 3 will be for Advanced riders, and Wave 4 will be for Sport riders or those who will take over 6 hours to finish the race. YOU MUST START IN THE WAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR. We have been having problems with people starting in the wrong waves and therefore will have people on course at the start making sure everyone has started in the correct wave. If you are found starting in the wrong wave you will be disqualified!